The Network's Expert Forums are virtual events which provide a platform for sharing knowledge and experiences amongst experts, fostering dialogue between industry, regulators and other sector stakeholders on cutting edge inclusive insurance topics across the globe. Expert Forums are member-only events. Look out for upcoming forums and recap past forums with all access to the slides and recordings in the members' area.
- Agriculture insurance, climate risk and innovations
- Challenges and impact of extending inclusive insurance to MSMEs
- Using inclusive health insurance to drive health outcomes
- Inclusive insurance for the vulnerable: how to design customer-centric and gender-sensitive offers
- The Landscape of Microinsurance in Africa 2018
- The business case for microinsurance (revisited)
Topics covered in 2018:
- Why does cyber security matter for financial inclusion?
- Unpacking customer centricity in microinsurance
- Making the case for valuable and viable inclusive insurance
- Exploring funeral insurance uptake among emerging consumers
- Women, health and inclusive insurance: joining the dots
- Inclusive livestock insurance: best practice, pitfalls and challenges
Re-live all past Expert Forums and gain access to all future Expert Forums by becoming a member!
Do you wish to showcase your expertise and share your insights in microinsurance with your peers? Expert Forums are a wonderful opportunity to do so! Contact Hugo to signal your interest in taking part in an upcoming Forum.
Propose a topic and get involved
The Network welcomes proposals for new topic and ideas that will be of value to the microinsurance sector. Any proposals received will be evaluated by the Secretariat based on the following questions:
1. How cutting edge is the idea?
2. What value does it bring to Network members?
To submit an idea or proposal please fill in the template below and email it it to the Executive Team. We will aim to reply to all submissions within a maximum of two weeks.
Proposal template (word doc)
Filled in example of proposal template (pdf)
The Microinsurance Network believes that the exchange of microinsurance knowledge and expertise is the driving force behind the effective and sustainable development of the microinsurance sector. To this end, a major initiative of the Microinsurance Network is to organise content-driven networking events as platforms to foster the exchange of knowledge and expertise, facilitate peer to peer learning, and drive the development of the sector whilst balancing both profitability and client value.
Counting over 300 microinsurance experts in its membership, the Network draws from a wide and diverse pool of expertise to provide its members with insider knowledge on key emerging topics and facilitate dialogue on important and cutting edge issues in microinsurance.
The Working Groups of the Network have been renamed expert groups. The new name marks a change in the focus of the groups from output-oriented groups to a greater focus on sharing of know-how, networking and fostering of in-depth discussions on emerging topics.
The expert groups of the Network are composed of Network members who are all microinsurance professionals and experts in their field. Non-members are invited to join the debates on an expertise basis. Expert groups are formed and convened on a project or events basis.