Thursday, January 21, 2021
Oikocredit is currently searching for a Board representative for one of its investee microinsurance companies based in Ivory Coast.
View details of the Board profile below.
The board member should have:
1) Extensive work experience in the insurance/micro-insurance/ financial services sector
2) Knowledge of the Sub Saharan region and, ideally, of the countries of the West African Economic
3) Proficiency in French and good knowledge of English
4) Experience with early stage companies is a plus
5) The board member should add value through:
- Guidance in insurance/ micro-insurance sales strategies
- Governance best practices
- Strategic planning, feedback and insight to spur growth.
- Institutional relations
6) The board member should contribute to the discussion and decisions with experience as a
pragmatic leader and strategic thinker.
- Participate in two face to face board meetings per year, held in Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- Participate in extraordinary board meetings, whenever necessary (in person or via phone
- Be an active member of relevant Committee(s)
- Fulfil relevant reporting requirements
Benefits to candidate of Serving on the Board
- Ability to leverage experience in the micro-insurance sector
- Increase professional network and build relationships
- Positively impact local communities in West Africa
- Build awareness of and relationships in the impact investing world
Board member term limits as defined in by-laws (typically limited to three years)
- In line with impact investment industry standards
Interested candidates can submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org