Proposals for the 15th IMC (International Conference on Inclusive Insurance) to be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh from 5-7 November 2019, and hosted by the Bangladesh Insurance Association (BIA) and the Munich Re Foundation, in cooperation with the Microinsurance Network, are now being accepted!
This year's conference, under the theme "Inclusive Insurance for Emerging Markets - Coping with Climate Risk", will focus on how to best close the insurance gap related to climate risk by applying new technologies, understanding the role of insurance for sustainable development, improving supply, raising awareness of insurance, creating appropriate regulatory frameworks and better understanding of the particular needs of the low-income populations.
Proposal submissions should cover the following topics:
- Natural disasters/Agriculture
- Combining micro with meso and macro disaster risk finance tools
- Insurance for micro, small and medium enterprises
- Disruptive solutions - inclusive insurance in the digital economy
- Innovative distribution models
- Build capacities of people, societies and institutions
- New inclusive insurance products or partnerships in the fields of health or hospital cash / credit-life or funeral insurance
- Scientific track - economic analysis of emerging insurance markets
All submissions should be sent by 22 May 2019.
Further information on proposal content and how to submit your proposal online can be found at this link.