The Microinsurance Network is a not-for-profit organisation, whose mission is to promote effective insurance for low-income people by encouraging shared learning, facilitating knowledge generation, and working together with a broad range of stakeholders. The Network includes currently more than 70 institutional members and 30 individual members, who are active in 12 working and discussion groups.
We are looking to recruit a new administrative officer, who holds a key role in our small team. You would be working independently on a variety of administrative and financial tasks as well as dealing with our members.
Key responsibilities and tasks
As the administrative officer, you will be responsible for all administrative and financial aspects and for looking after office coordination to ensure the proper running of the secretariat.
- Ensure well-organized contracting, procurements, membership fees and other payments
- Coordinate and keep up-to-date the contact database with partner and member contacts, and working group affiliations
- Set up and track member statistics
- Screen, treat or distribute email requests send to info@
- Compile effectiveness indicators and statistics into quarterly reports
- Support the Executive Director in organising board meetings and the annual General Assembly
- Support the Executive Director in annual planning, budgeting and financial reporting
- Organise the electronic filing system and archiving of official documents, invoices and contracts
- Support the team in events and meeting planning and organisation
- Coordinate and organise logistical partnerships (travel agency, tax advisor, stationary delivery…)
- Arrange logistics (hotel, transportation, meeting space, meals) for staff and visitors to the office
- Coordinate office stationary and supplies
- Coordinate all aspects of accounting and financial reporting
- Degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least 5 years employment experience in an administrative assistant role with some international exposure
- Experience with accounting and financial reporting a plus
- Fluency in English and French; any other language is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Strong interest to work in an international network setting
- Experienced organiser, who can work autonomously with great attention to details and quality
- Ability to work capably in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment, managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines
Permanent contract based in the city of Luxembourg with some global travel requirements.
If you are interested in this position and correspond to the profile, please do send a letter of motivation briefly explaining how you will achieve the job's objectives and your resume to Sophie Lafleur.
DEADLINE for sending in your application is 21 September 2014.