Thursday, February 11, 2016
Having assumed the G-20 Presidency for 2016, China released the Priorities Paper, outlining the key themes for the Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI). There will be a special focus on five main themes throughout this year:
- Digital Financial Inclusion, Innovation, Supervision and Regulation
- Data and Indicators
- Reaching the Last Mile: Rural Areas, the Poor, the Youth and the Elderly
- Financial Consumer Protection and Financial Literacy
- SME Finance: Diversified Financing Channels
The paper also outlined the dates for the Partnership's main events.
- 1st GPFI Workshop |1-2 March | Shanghai, China
- GPFI Plenary | 3 March | Shanghai, China
- 2nd GPFI Workshop | 25-27 May (tentative) | Xi'ian City, China
- GPFI Forum | 13-14 July | Chengdu, China
- GPFI Plenary | 15 July | Chengdu, China
- GPFI Standard Setting Bodies (SSBs) Conference | 26-27 October | Hosted by the Financial Stability Institute at the Bank for International Settlements
To read the full paper, click here.